July 9, 2012
Last week I was in bed lying there and heard Nathan say: Dad, John is walking up the stairs like a human! (John was walking up, instead of crawling.)
That same day I watched as Nathan had an empty wipe container with an American Flag sticking out of the hole where you pull out the wipes. It was a baby present for his friend who was having a baby shower. She was having a baby fairy.
Nathan and I were talking. He had a loose tooth and it was hurting him a little bit. He said: Mom, my tooth is tempting. I said: Tempting? What do you mean by tempting? Nathan looked slightly annoyed and then said: Mom, YOU were the one who taught me what it meant!
(On Monday we had watched a movie about how crocodiles can hide and sneak out of the water when animals come by. The animals can't see the crocodile, but then they are snatched. It then explained how temptations are like the crocodiles. So I tried to explain in a very simple way what a temptation was to a 6 and a 5 year old. I was looking to Matthew for help, which he had none. Apparently I know how effective I was :)
Last night at dinner this was the conversation.
Mary: Knock-knock.
Me: Who's there?
Mary: Brownie.
Me: Brownie who?
Mary: Brownie, yummy for my tummy!
Mary laughed, but Nathan informed her that was not a funny joke. I asked him to please tell us a knock-knock joke.
Nathan: knock-knock.
Me: Who's there?
Nathan: Banana.
Me: Banana who?
Nathan: Banana, you are a banana!
He laughed. I admit, I laughed about the whole situation. Matthew tried to teach them knock-knock jokes a number of months ago and we have been hearing these kind of jokes for a long time. Matthew groans inwardly :)
2 comments:
LOL over all of this!! Thanks for posting Becky!
haha kids are always so funny.
Post a Comment