November 5, 2012

     So I just thought I would do an update.  I think we possibly saw family for the last five weekends!  It was fun.  We saw Jonathan and Katy, Laura (Matthew and I's niece), Matthew's parents, my parents, Eric (but not on the weekend, our brother-in-law), Heather and family, Matt, Melissa and family, and Laura and family.  This last week we saw Jonathan and Katy.  We went to the museum of Idaho, which was fun, and after they left I got a fever.  (I had been sick that morning, but no fever).  Anyway, the fever lasted for a few days and it wasn't a lot of fun.  But I don't remember when a fever is ever fun...

     We missed going to Marianne and Eric's baby blessing for Weston because of my Grandpa's funeral.  We missed being able to see everyone.  And this last weekend we missed going to my nephew Preston's baptism because I felt like I was still recovering from being sick.  We wished we could have gone to that, too.

     Nathan and Mary both seem to be enjoying school.  James and John are cute and talking more.  John is a pill.  So busy.  A daddy's boy (except he likes Mommy when daddy's isn't around...well, he acts like he is at least okay with me.  I think he likes me a little bit. :)

     We drained the hot tub.  We mowed the yard for the last time.

     I threw away some nursing bras.  It was a wonderful thing.  I really don't want Eli to grow too fast and have really enjoyed this baby stage, but throwing them away was a good feeling.  I am not planning to have more children right away, obviously.  That was probably tmi.  I am 28 and I might be done with having kids.  It actually doesn't make me that sad, except I wanted one more girl.  I love my boys.  But I got my one girl and I love her.  And I wanted a blue-eyed kid and I got John.  So I am happy about those few things, even though they don't really matter...just having kids is a blessing.

     We followed a BUDGET last month!  I am proud of ourselves.  Now, we actually always kind of follow a budget, meaning we don't spend more than we earn, but I really wanted to see where our money was going and be more responsible.  We don't spend money on lots of things we don't need.  So I have struggled figuring out how to keep track...do I divide it up by each week and then only spend that amount?  Do I do it this way?  So, for this, Matthew and I made a budget...we kind of always have had a budget, we just don't know exactly where everything is going for sure, so this time I kept track in the correct categories when we spended.  It was easier for me.  Then I was aware of how much we had allotted for the rest of the month.  And we saved how much we planned to!  And we went under in a few categories and over in a few categories, but it evened out so we went under our budget by like 2 dollars and something cents.  It really did feel good to know where everything is going.  So, it was kind of fun.  I do most of the work with the money, budgeting, knowing where our money is going, paying most of the bills.

     There have been a lot of funny things the kids have said or done, I just haven't written them down as much lately.

     Hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

Rob and Marseille said...

i am the same way w/ budgeting