We got a new couch today. It's actually the very first couch we've bought since we've been married. We're excited to finally have more room than just the love seat we've been borrowing!
Mary and Nathan have been funny today. At breakfast I was telling the kids about the Halloween party at the church tonight. I told them their friends would be there. When I mentioned a specific friend Mary said loudly. "I like her daddy." "Oh," I said, "Was he nice to you?" (I was thinking of the time he and his wife babysat Mary and Nathan. "Yes," she said. "He didn't bite me." Then she continued on eating. I had to cover my mouth and not burst into laughter. I think maybe she was scared he would bite her when he babysat her? I really don't know.
Then later I was asking Mary and Nathan what they wanted for Christmas. Mary informed me she wanted a pink rocking horse. "Oh," I thought. Then Nathan piped up. "I don't like pink anymore. Boys don't like pink." (Nathan LOVES pink and has since he was two years old.) "Who told you that?" I asked. "Preston did," he said. "Pink makes me drown." So by the way, his new favorite colors as of today are red, brown, and black. Before, the entire last two years, they were pink and black. Mary then kept asking Nathan about other colors. "Do you like purple?" she asked. Then they talked about it. Ahh...the changes.
Nathan asked for gum--his own gum--and toy bugs for Christmas. I'll think about the last one.
3 comments:
I love it! One of the great things about blogging is having those things on record. As for pink and black - I guess last month Nathan and I would have had lots in common - my favorites! :)
PS - thanks for the very swett note the other day! You're great and I really appreciate you and our friendship. Love ya!
Out of the mouths of babes!!! Thanks for the morning laugh
Becky of all the past years you have been my daughter, I have learned more about you in these few paragraphs, then any given time. I am most apprecitive the sharing of your thoughts and experiences. I have from the begining loved and admired you. You are the perfect wife and companion for Matthew. You along with all of the companions of our children have truly added to our family. We, Bob and I are most grateful for the Lord's blessings of each new family member coming to build and strengthen our family. But to have 25 grandchildren (so far) to come with each additonal companion has brought much joy and understanding to our souls. Oh yes the Lord will always have the best answers to our needs and understanding. Dad and I feel much sorrow and sadness for your extreme challenges but very proud and pleased in the manner in which you have accepted and dealt with them. Grateful are we for the blessings you have recieved from the many faithful prayers. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Give Mary and Nathan a big hug from us. Love ya Mom and Dad Cardwell
Post a Comment