January 2, 2011
CHRISTMAS. What a time of year~especially for kids! My kids were waiting patiently for this blessed time to they could open presents! It was a good Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve in Bountiful with my family for about three hours. We made gingerbread houses, played games, did the nativity scene, and enjoyed each other (for the most part. Some people are harder to enjoy...I am kidding, unless I might be talking about myself...) We had Christmas Eve night by ourselves and Christmas morning, then we drove to Idaho to be with family again. Heather didn't come because she is in the last stages of her pregnancy and is going to have the baby soon. We only stayed in Idaho two days and left the afternoon of the third. We have been home the last five days doing cleaning, errands, more cleaning, buying Nathan a new bed, etc. It has been a busy five days!! I am so glad that we had that time together to just get caught up!! We have really been behind with the twins and we can't get anything done by ourselves. We need each other to do anything. We did ten loads of laundry too. We have clean clothes again!! I bet our neighbors and family and friends are happy about that. It was great to spend time with family.
New Years Eve we spent it with my two sisters and their families and Matthew's brother Jonathan and his wife Katy. It was fun to see them all. I made it to midnight without falling asleep! I was impressed even more with the two pregnant ladies there who made it all the way!!
We hope to see Matthew's side of the family again soon. We didn't get to see them over Thanksgiving because I had a cold--the two boxes of Kleenex a day, chills, kind of cold and I didn't want to drive 6 hours or so feeling that way with twins. We were sad to not see everyone who was there!! We love the Cardwells!
THE BEST PART OF THIS WHOLE CHRISTMAS WAS THAT THIS WAS THE FIRST CHRISTMAS (OR FAMILY GATHERING ) WHERE I ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT CAUSE I WASN'T FEELING SICK!!! It's been about five years where I had a family gathering and felt well the entire time!!! That is one of my blessings this year. I am sure you all have those kinds of things. I remarked to Matthew that this is the first time I felt well enough and enjoyed Christmas shopping for years! It was great. I am not sure Matthew agrees. I might have liked it TOO much in his opinion! Wow, I am actually a normal person sometimes. No comments, please, about that.
Happy New Year's to everyone!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great Christmas! I also love the pic of Nathan at the top. :)
Post a Comment