May 12, 2011
Updates on our family ☺
Last weekend we drove to Payson on Friday night and back for Matthew’s niece’s reception. It was nice to see them, despite the long drive. On Saturday, we drove down to Draper and Orem, had family pictures, and attended my cousin’s reception. It was nice to see everybody then as well.
Nathan has been doing soccer and is almost done. He loves it. We have signed him up for T-ball that starts in June.
Nathan is in his last month of kindergarten. It’s weird how fast it has gone. Mostly it’s been a blur because Nathan started only a week after the twins were born. He has his program tonight and is very excited about it! I love him. He does well in school and I am proud of how hard he works.
Mary’s 4th birthday is next week. She has already told me how many pink decorations she will have. I haven’t said a word. Aunt Laura? You are in trouble.
My sister and sister-in-law are pregnant. AND, we’ve had three new additions this year. My sister Heather had a baby in January—Ruby Grace. My oldest sister Laura had a baby in March—Elizabeth Grace. My sister-in-law Katy had a baby boy in April—Isaac Young. So, we will have 5 new additions to the family by the end of the year!
P.S. I am not pregnant. Yeehaw!
My brother Matt and his wife Corrine and their kids are moving to Germany this summer. He is assigned there with the Air Force. He graduated from Optometry school this May and will go to Officer’s Training Camp this summer and then on to Germany. We will miss them, but are excited for them! We have loved having them in Utah this last year.
My parents are moving to Tennessee. They found out quickly that they were moving, as my dad was on a proposal to go out there and his company got the bid. My dad leaves next week and my mom will follow as she finishes up the house stuff. That is sad. It was fun going home to Idaho to visit them. But, they started their first job in Tennessee and it looks like they will finish their last one there. They’ve had a few in between.
We are trying to fix our lawn, fix the sprinklers, get the power on in the garage, fix the lawnmower that doesn’t work, and other jobs around the house and yard. It’s fun since we both don’t know what we’re doing! Matthew knows more than I do, and he’s doing a great job.
I am just a Mom right now. I want to be a better person, enjoy life, have time for myself, and be a patient and kind mother and wife. I am trying to learn to do this while I have four kids and I am busy. It is a good learning experience for me and I am grateful for the chance to improve. Who knows how many moments we will have to improve our lives—I am grateful for this time to just grow and enjoy. I am learning so much. I am so blessed. I am grateful for the wonderful people Heavenly Father has given me in my life.
6 comments:
Keep at it Becky. You are a great mom and some things really will get easier. Can't wait to see pics of Mary's pink birthday!
You are a great mom. I love you so much. Hope you know how great you really are!
I love hearing what everyone is up to. And the pictures in your previous post are DARLING!!
Becky those babies are precious! I haven't even had time to read blogs so I am catching up on your adorable family. So glad you are doing well. I still miss you guys.
Wow your family is growing up! I can't believe Nathan is done with Kindergarten.
Love your pictures and family updates. It sounds like your family is all in for some changes! Exciting about the babies and the moves.
Glad you are enjoying your new house and yard. It makes me happy to think about one again having a lawn to mow! I am a complete weirdo and that is my FAVORITE job!
As for the better person thing, I am with ya. I feel like I take two steps forward and 5 back! It is a good reminder to enjoy where I am at now though. Bags under my eyes and all!!
Post a Comment