June 15, 2011
It's summertime and I realize how nice it is to have your kids go to school. I LOVE my kids and love spending time with them, but it's nice to have quiet time. Here's some things going on in our household:
The twins are getting jealous of each other. If I hold one, the other one crawls to my leg and wants me to hold him too. It's harder to hold both of them at the same time now. I am not on P90holdbothtwentypoundbabiesatatimeX. But, it would be a nice program. They are both being a little more clingy too lately and want to be held more often. I wonder if they are teething since neither one of them have any teeth yet and they are ten months in three days.
I heard for the first time the babies waking up from a nap and talking and laughing at each other in their room. I realized what is to come. But it was so sweet and funny.
Someone at church told me that every time he passes our lawn he feels bad for us because of how awful it is. It was kind of funny, but it does look kind of bad. The grass hasn't come in perfectly and there's weeds here and there, but I couldn't really care about that. At least we have grass. Matthew and I are working on it and have dug up the weeds in the front and are attempting to plant flowers. Attempting, because the flowers are still sitting out in the front.
I am feeling great. My health is good, my stress is better than it's been in years, and I am finally feeling back to normal. I am learning continually how to manage a household with six people and take care of everything and myself. It's a fun experience, and sometimes I feel like I am going a little crazy and other times I feel in control. Overall though, everything is better since the babies are older. It's still busy, but much better than it used to be. We were always blessed the whole time with them.
I just have to figure out what to do with these kids all summer....and we want to start our basement soon. If that happens, that'd be wonderful. Life is wonderful and we are feeling watched over and blessed. I hope everything is going well for all you guys too!
3 comments:
I think HGTV needs to come do your basement for you! Doesn't having twins when you already have two little kids make it enough of a cool story for you to get chosen?
I am so glad to hear that you're doing so well. Your little boys sound like my baby- clingy and jealous! Hopefully it's a phase... a quick one! :)
Happy that you are feeling well! Good luck with the lawn! We worked on our lawn all summer for the 4 we spent at our home and we still didn't get grass everywhere. It is hard and I figure that at this point in life, I have a lot else to worry about, and someday when my kids are older, I will have an award winning yard, or at least keep the grass clipped! Hopefully you survive your teething twins! They are so sweet!
Post a Comment