March 5, 2012
In case anyone was wondering, I thought I would let you know how the move is going/went.
On Friday, Matthew and I moved things over from our house to the new house ourselves all day. Matthew loaded the car, I unloaded boxes at the new house and packed at the old. A few people helped watch the twins and Mary, so that was helpful, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten anything done or very much done :)
Saturday, the Elder's Quorum helped move our stuff in the morning. The babies slept during that time. It was really good timing. On Saturday, we still had odds and ends at the house and Matthew went over and cleaned while I stayed here and organized a few things and watched kids.
Sunday, James and John stayed home from church because they were sick. (I stayed home with them since they are not old enough to stay alone by themselves.) After church, we went over to the house for roughly four or so hours and cleaned. The babies slept almost that entire time. Matthew and I cleaned for that entire time. Nathan and Mary watched a movie on the laptop. We got the fridge cleaned out, cupboards, the pantry, bathrooms, and some boxes loaded of things. Sunday night we came home, had a late dinner, were exhausted, James was sick and so was John with fevers and so they wanted attention. We were exhausted.
We woke up after 6:30 to peeing on the floor and screaming babies. I was already having contractions, which I've had all weekend! Matthew took off work this morning and cleaned the house for a few hours while I watched kids...which all of them have a cold. James and Nathan are the worst, and Mary and John haven't been too bad. I am getting a little sick too.
We can barely walk in our kitchen with all the boxes and papers and I am trying to relax because I can't clean everything or move boxes being this pregnant with sick kids and babies following me around.
We are really busy, still have a lot to do, but the house is finally cleaned. Now, we just have to do this one. People here have offered a lot of help and we appreciate all the offers so much. The babies slept a few times when I swear it was a blessing, like yesterday afternoon so Matthew and I could clean. We couldn't have cleaned that much if they didn't sleep and they don't usually take that long of naps. So, we've been blessed, even though there's a lot to do. Thanks everyone for your offers and wanting to help, even if you couldn't. We love you!
Also, I haven't been as good getting to people on their blogs and calls. I hope I can get better at things once I have things calmed down. I still love you and am grateful for your love right now during this crazy transitional time. I have felt strengthened and uplifted from your friendship and love and have needed it.
3 comments:
Wow! You are wonder woman! Seriously! I am excited that you guys are all moved and settling in! What a nice feeling. Take it easy as much as you can! It will all get done eventually! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon! Take care!
I feel tired just reading this! But really, so excited for you guys and your new house. Please post some pics when you get a chance, you know, when you're not doing anything. ;)
You have exhausted me with your post. I hope you survived it Wonder Woman!
Post a Comment