August 13, 2012
It's one of those days. Oh, it's just tough sometimes.
The twins really drive me crazy. I do not know if I feel like writing out the day or not...kind of tiring.
It is hard to have three boys under 2. Especially having James and John. What sweethearts. But oh, they are both handfuls! John is into EVERYTHING and steals from James all day. James just SCREAMS a lot of the time about everything. It is so tiring. He has done this for about a year. When people are over he does better for some reason--like he is distracted or something and John becomes more shy. But when they are alone, John is confident, busy, steals, and drives James nuts, and consequently, James drives me nuts! He comes to me and is not easily consoled. And half the time I am busy with Eli and if I tell him just a minute or it's okay but do not do exactly what he wants at the moment, he throws a fit. For a few hours, I am pretty patient, but by the third of fourth hour, it can sometimes be a little bit tough. :).
It is hard because he sets his toys up and John comes and steals something. It frustrates him to no end. And even though I make John give toys back, there is no way I have enough time to deal with all of their fights all day long. I am too busy with other stuff.
This morning the visiting teachers were coming over and Eli had a small fever. The house upstairs needed to be cleaned. Nathan and Mary decided at that exact moment to empty the craft drawers and reorganize. They have never wanted to organize their crafts before. Well, there was about thirty minutes or so until the visiting teachers came. Crafts were all over the floor. I was trying to empty the dishwasher and reload it. John was opening cupboards and trying to take stuff out. There were five or six of us at a time in the kitchen with crafts all over, an open dishwasher, twins opening cupboards and it was crazy! I told Nathan and Mary to pick up quick. Then James and John got the computer and were opening it. I never got everything cleaned, but it was okay--kind of :) They couldn't see all the counters, I don't think.
Eli spits up a lot. Other than that, he is a good boy. :)
The exersaucer is out now and James and John kept getting in there and getting stuck and screaming to get out. I should have put it in my room, but I was feeding Eli and would come really quick and take them out.
They started to throw shoes down the stairs again, until I caught them.
They emptied the trash today on the kitchen floor (there were a lot of craft papers) and threw the trashcan down the stairs.
They are adorable and I love them so much, but it's hard.
Nathan and Mary have been a little easier, overall, but they of course have their days. They are good kids who want to be good and are just kids. :)
I still have some struggles I struggle with and I am trying to remember my blessings and to be patient. I am trying really hard to overcome things and be a good mother.
Let's keep helping each other. We sure need each other!!
8 comments:
that's one question I always have- do I referee this fight, or let them figure it out (7 &3, not 1 yr olds though). You inspire me
I'm exhausted just from reading this! You are such a good mama. I think you are probably right in the middle of the most physically, mentally, and emotionally draining time period of motherhood--when your little ones are at these ages. You are in survival mode right now! But I think I can safely promise you that it WILL get easier. Sooner than you think. I really think you and your family are amazing. We love you guys!
you are one busy mom that is for sure!! i love your perspective on everything. we should have a girls night out... that would be a blast!
Becky, you are right, you have your hands full!! On days where I am having a really tough time with Tanner getting into things and I can't get anything done, I find that if we leave the house, things are much easier. Even if I just strap him in the stroller, walk around, and come back in, we both get refreshed. It's amazing that the more we are out of the house, the cleaner it stays, haha! I know getting 5 kids out is a lot harder than 1, so keep doing whatever works!!
Becky, I wish you lived closer so I could help you! I know it's hard, my girls fight with each other over everything, constantly so I can sympathize. It does make me so tired by the end of the day after listening to the whining, the crying, screaming, fighting, etc. Then, every once in a while I'll catch them hugging or holding hands and I have to remind myself that it is all worth it (before they rip each other's hair out, of course! ;)). Did I ever tell you you're amazing? Well, you are!!
Ok I am tired and I need to go to bed now after reading your post. When I have kids will you come watch them because I am sure you will have everything figured out by then better than I ever will. By the way, I am reading your posts in non-chronological order but I think you are skinny too. And by the way, I am going to safely assume that your visiting teachers didn't care at all if your house was messy or not.
I'm guessing your visiting teachers didn't jump in and help. Wish they had for you. Those days are exhausting. And even the days NOT like that are exhausting. I know this was a while ago, but I have neglected to add you to my google reader, so I'm catching up.
I'm guessing your visiting teachers didn't jump in and help. Wish they had for you. Those days are exhausting. And even the days NOT like that are exhausting. I know this was a while ago, but I have neglected to add you to my google reader, so I'm catching up.
Post a Comment