August 28, 2013

There have been a lot of things that have happened recently.

Our anniversary, Nathan, James, and John's birthday, Nathan's baptism, me going to Education Week with my Mom and sister Laura, seeing family, etc.  We are now getting ready for school to start soon!

Here are a few things though that I want to remember and write down because they are funny to me.

Mary:  Mom, I will give you a week to come look at how I organized/cleaned my room.
(I liked the time frame she gave me, but it only took me a day or less I believe.)

Nathan:  Yeah, we don't be mean to people, gassup,....
after he finished his sentence I stopped him and he explained that he meant gossip.  I couldn't stop laughing for a while.

Mary:  Dad, we didn't practice our family home evening lesson.
Matthew:  That's okay.  I will help you.
Mary:  Our lesson today is on treating others nicely.  Then she talked about how we treat animals. (so cute) and then she said:  Nathan, would you like to volunteer on telling us about how we treat others?

I thought it was cute after she said she hadn't practiced, but I know she was just trying to give a good lesson as she could, and she did a good job.

During Sacrament this last week, James got one of the cups of water they pass around.  He wanted another one.  I explained to him, trying to whisper in his ear, that everyone only got one.  I said something like:  Everybody gets one.  He smiled at me a little sheepishly and said:  Everybody gets two?

I like our kids. :)

2 comments:

Karlie said...

I just wanted you to know that I love reading about your family and hope you are doing well. You are so spiritual and give great insight into things that make me stop and think, so thank you for that.

Christy said...

You are wonderful!!!!