December 19, 2013
He was still alive. Wiggling slightly on the counter.
Mary had come into my room while I was in a deep sleep, saying "Mom, I need you right now!" I awakened groggily and found that James had tried to lift the tupperware holding the baby fish and had dumped it over, spilling the water on the floor. Somehow, the baby fish had stayed on the counter. I quickly scooper him back in the tupperware and cleaned up the mess. James was a little upset. He had just wanted to see him.
We are watching our niece's fish while she is away from BYU-Idaho for Christmas break. When I told Mary it would be about two weeks, Mary had a sly smile as she contemplated that we would have the fish the whole time.
If they last that long. Which, hopefully, they do.
I have been potty training the twins. Yesterday I came upon James sitting on the potty with my old iphone. I guess those kind of habits start earlier these days? I don't know...and I don't know where he got that from, but he is a kid who loves phones.
Nathan told Mary: Mary, when you get home before me, or when I am gone, you can watch your barbie show!
So nice of him. :)
The twins' new favorite saying: I can't do anything!
When they ask for a fruit snack, something to do, or even it seems when they are gently told to sit at the counter, they respond with the new saying: I can't do anything!
We were watching The Polar Express the other day. When it was nearing the end and the boy had experienced magical things on the train ride, he was on his way home, about to come to his house. I said: What is he going to do? John calmly and promptly responded. "He's going to get some burritos."
I am not sure why he said that, but John does like burritos.
Also, Nathan turned on the Ninjago lego show. John came up and said: You're watching Legos?"
Yes, very true.
We went to church last week and one of the twins, or Eli turned on the dishwasher right before we left, somehow without Matthew or I seeing. Our dishwasher still goes even if the door is open, which it was slightly. We came home to a flooded floor and water gently dripping down the ceiling downstairs. We have researched and talked about what to do about that one, and I think we will be okay, at least hopefully. :)
Yesterday Matthew and I went to help our niece move a few things out of her apartment. She is a college student. We were in the parking lot filled with cars and I said: Matthew, let's pretend we are dating and college students. We don't look too old and from a distance, they probably wouldn't know. Matthew said: Yeah, except for our minivan.
Our minivan stood out quite well among the small college cars. I still tried to hold his arm and giggle slightly at one point, which was mostly just awkward, and he gave me a small smile and laugh and a look like he was mostly trying to put up with it. But I think he secretly liked it. Either way, it was still a date with no kids.
1 comment:
it always makes my day brighter when i stop by your blog becky! you know whats up and whats most important my dear!
Post a Comment