Sometimes God makes us stronger

November 23, 2013

     I had the twins.  The first three months were recovery from the delivery.  I was so dizzy and weak, that for a few weeks, I would pass out if I went up the stairs.  Luckily, I had help the first few weeks and after that, I didn't have to go up the stairs very much.  We had the bassinet downstairs and through the early stages of their lives, they slept in there during the day.

     We lived in an apartment.  There were three bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, with a living room, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, and bathroom downstairs.  It worked nice for our family, though when the twins were about five months old I remember it was getting more difficult.

     They wouldn't sleep downstairs anymore.  That meant I had to carry them both upstairs and downstairs for every nap, which was 3 or 4 a day.  That might seem simple, but with my body and energy recovering, the physical and emotional fatigue of taking care of twins who needed attention most or all of the day and two other children, etc., it was starting to wear on me more than normal.  I was used, at this point to being tired, busier than ever and fatigued, but sometimes those extra stairs trips, as small as it may seem, seemed to wear me down even more.

     I remember one night I talked to Matthew about it and we tried to figure out a way to get them to sleep downstairs without them waking up.  But we couldn't figure it out.  I needed them to take naps!  For everyone's sake. :)   I couldn't see a solution, but I prayed, and tried to have faith, remembering that Heavenly Father had always taken care of us.

     I kind of forgot about it in a way, because the next week I realized I had gone all week taking the twins upstairs without more fatigue than normal!  It was amazing and a miracle to me.  I hadn't had the energy to do it before.  So I learned, again, that sometimes our circumstances can change and we are prompted on what to do, or sometimes WE are made stronger.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Thanks for sharing this story Becky. You are such a great example of a faithful woman. I am lucky to call you my sister.