This is written about my last post entry.
I felt really good writing that entry, and really good afterwards. I realized it was a gift I gave to myself, something that perhaps I might not always get from others (but often do) but I could give it to myself! I felt good.
However, it made me think about congratulating and genuinely praising others. Do we do it enough?
I remember a saying I heard from a few places. "Never suppress a kind thought." I wish I had the quote I read years ago that said, in essence, every time we have a kind thought about someone, something to praise, something nice to say, and we suppress it and don't tell them, we are exhibiting pride. I had never thought of it that way before I read that. You mean it was prideful to not say nice things when we had them? To me, I thought pride was just thinking you were better, or that you knew better than others and God. But reading this quote made me think about how I view others and what I say.
I decided to do better. I have really tried. I realized that many times I'd think a nice thing about someone, but think "that person probably hears that a lot", or "I don't need to tell them that", or sadly, but honestly, "I don't want to tell them that."
I am sure going to try to live by that principle--and not suppress a kind thought.
Just my thoughts for the day.
2 comments:
Becky, I really like this post. It made me realize that I should really let those kind words out and show other people my appreciation more. Thanks for inspiring me to try harder :)
-Lisa
Becky, I may just have to copy and paste this one to my blog. You are right on spot! I hope you don't mind.
Post a Comment