Things I'm Proud Of About Myself

The title already sounds bad, I know. I'm going to write this list anyway. Not so everyone says "Wow, Becky, you're so cool!" but because I have been too hard on myself the last few years. I haven't given myself enough credit for everything I've done. This is for myself. I think women are much too hard on themselves and don't congratulate themselves enough. I know I can fall into that category. So if you want to, you can read on.

1. I'm proud I am finishing school with having two kids and having health problems at times. (only a few more months and I'm done! Yay!!!!! I'm going to graduate in April!)

2. I'm happy that I can still laugh and think things are funny.

3. I'm glad I chose to become a mom even though it has hard times. (and good times too! I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me that opportunity :))

4. I'm pleased that I wrote a thirty page family history plus appendix. That took a lot of work, but I have been blessed by getting to know my ancestors more and it was such a worthwhile project. I'm so glad I did it!

5. I'm glad I can look back at hard times and see things that I've learned and have helped me to hopefully be a better person in the future. Really, God has helped me do that, but I'm still happy that I've been able to do that.

6. I'm proud of myself for writing a book. Someone reading it might not think it's terribly good, but I'm proud it somewhat follows a logical order of plot! It's not published, but it's 200 pages.

7. I'm glad sometimes I can just dance!

What have you done that you should be happy about? If you write it, I'd be happy to congratulate you too!

6 comments:

Larsen said...

What a great list! I am really happy for you and I agree, we are too hard on ourselves and others sometimes!

well done.

print that book. maybe you are the next Stephenie Meyer.

xoxoxo

Gina

Laura said...

I'm proud of you, too!

Melissa said...

I am proud of you for more reasons than that.

1. You feed your kids.
2. You potty train your kids and change their diapers.
3. You do lessons with your kids, which they love. (I need to start doing that with mine again.)
4. You are pretty disciplined, more than I am for sure.
5. You are fun and funny but not funny-looking.
6. You brush your hair and get all the tangles out.
7. You are raising some of the funniest kids in America.
8. You do not do drugs, even legal ones that might make you feel better. You are way tougher than me about pain. Maybe you smoke pot sometimes when I'm not looking, but if you do, you're very sneaky and good at hiding the smell.
9. I could go on, but this comment is way too long already.

Katie Parent said...

I second Melissa. Way to go for not smoking pot. No seriously, I think you are amazing Becky. I always have. I am blessed to have you as a friend.

cardwellclan said...

Thanks you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Becky! These are all very impressive! I don't feel like I've accomplished much of anything since becoming a Mom. I did a few sewing projects and improved a little in that area...but other than that, not much. Maybe moving, getting adjusted and adding kids to our family is pretty much all I can do now.
But, I'd be proud if I were you too! Awesome!