October 4, 2010
For the last month and a half Nathan has been going to kindergarten. He loves it!! I am so glad he enjoys it so far and is excited to go. It makes me happy and it is easier for me too since I don't have to push him to get ready. He particularly loves the bus ride.
Matthew didn't lose his job this last week! Which is really good because they had lay-offs again.
The babies have been keeping me busy. There's one lady, my old relief society president who keeps showing up and giving me meals!! She is so willing to help me and wants to. She doesn't accept me saying no and tells me to take all the help I can get. Her daughter had triplets just a year ago. She has been an angel. I have realized that I really do appreciate all the little things. Bringing a meal really helps when you have twins and two little kids! Anyway, it's been nice.
Our sleep isn't getting any better yet, however, we have survived so far. My mom and dad have taken a night feeding or two for us a few times. My mom makes me go to bed (who is complaining here?) and she takes the first night feeding and sometimes the second all by herself (my dad has helped as well) so Matthew and I can have a few hours of rest in a row! It's really helps us catch up. We are still trying to get sleep in whenever we can.
We went up to Idaho this last weekend to get out of the house and visit my parents. It was nice, but I thought I would bring up some books and have time to read. Why would I think that?? It was a nice weekend, but we were very busy and didn't have a lot of time for extra things. Conference was great to listen to and it was nice just being with family. I even beat my mom and dad at Sudoku, but watch out--they can whip your socks off. I commented to them that I was impressed with their skills. I mean, they are a lot older than me and they both beat me once. I was humbled to the bone. I have been practicing Sudoku for months since I was pregnant and sat around a lot and now when I am rocking babies and they are being good, I also do one or two. I thought I was going to whip them. Anyway, my parents still impress me.
I have not really had time to do anything else. Maybe someday. I don't really care right now, just happy to be doing what I'm doing. (I am meaning like projects, reading, etc.)
I have enjoyed my family time. I love my family. They bring me joy. They make me work, and I am so grateful for this opportunity the Lord has blessed me with.
4 comments:
I already think you are supermom but wow those nights must be awful. It is almost like you don't want to go to sleep because you know you will be up just as quickly. I hope they learn to sleep through the night quickly. You are amazing!!
i admire you for going on a trip with all of them!! I can't imagine how exhausted you are-wish we could be closer to help-this too shall pass! Can't imagine Nathan in K already-at least a couple hours of one less.
You're an angel Beck. I still can't get over the fact that you already have 6 people in your family. 4 kids!! I really admire you, your abilities, and your attitude. I just wish we lived closer so I could be there to help you! You are in my prayers. I love you!
YOu came to ID and didn't come see us! *wink!*
It's cool. Traveling with those 4 wasn't too tough I hope. Glad to hear you have help still and that Matt sill has a job!
That is a big BIG deal.
Hugs!
Post a Comment