For Posterity

 October 28, 2010

Mary:  Mom, what is your favorite animal?
Me:  A dog.
Mary:  I can't draw a dog.  What's your favorite animal?
Me:  A horse.
Mary:  I can draw a horse!  (She draws a straight line.)  Do you want me to draw a pig next?
Me:  Sure.
Mary:  That's your favorite animal?!  It has to be a pig.

Nathan:  Mom, James is awake.
Me:  Did you wake him up?
Nathan:  No.  (a pause)
              We were just looking at him.
Me:  Oh.
Nathan:  And we talked to him a little bit.
Me:  Oh.
Nathan:  And he kind of woke up.

Me:  We should be nice to everyone, even if they are mean to you.  (there was a reason I was explaining this to them).  Would Jesus be nice to everyone?
Mary:  Yes.
Nathan:  Yes, he would even be nice to trees.

Nathan:  Boys are better than girls.
Me:  Why?
Nathan:  Because boys aren't pretty.

Mary:  I HAVE to talk to her.  (I was on the phone with my sister Melissa asking her a question).
Me:  Just a minute, honey.
Mary:  I HAVE to talk to her!
Me:  Melissa, Mary needs to talk to you.
Melissa:  Yes, Mary?
Mary:  My yellow ball rolled under the bookshelf and we can't get it out.
Melissa:  silence.
Me:  Melissa, Mary is waiting for your response.
Melissa:  Umm, I love you a lot Mary.
Mary was pleased enough with the response to go back to coloring.

1 comment:

Blovelies said...

oh my goodness. That just made my head feel ten times lighter! THanks! love you!