November 11, 2010
A few funny moments in our marriage life
1. I thought I'd surprise Matthew one time and bought him a candy bar. Then I waited until the evening when the kids were asleep. When Matthew was on the computer and not looking, I stood in the kitchen and threw the candy bar, trying to get it to land on the couch beside Matthew. Instead, the candy bar hit him in the eye, pretty hard. His reaction wasn't what I was previously expecting.
2. Matthew asked if he could have a boys night a few weeks ago. I told him fine, but after the long days with all four kids I couldn't do the evenings too. It was too much. I said if he could get me help that'd be fine. (side note: this is when the babies would cry all day. At least one, if not two, were crying all the time, and the evening (and mornings) were especially hard) Plus add Nathan and Mary asking for things.) Matthew said: "See if Melissa could come over and you guys could have a girls night...with the twins." It struck me so funny, to have a girls night with THE TWINS that I started laughing and I couldn't stop. It was at least a minute of continuous laughter. Also, this happened when Matthew was on the phone at work. I was embarrassed, but I couldn't stop!
3. I was talking to Matthew late at night and finally I wondered if he was awake. "Did you hear what I said? Do you understand what I'm talking about?" Matthew jumped awake and said something like "Yes, I get it. This is important to me while we're in the courtroom...." I decided it probably wasn't the best time to talk to him.
4. The radio was on Sunday and playing Mormon pop and other church music.
Matthew: "Mormon pop all sounds the same. There's only like two people who do all the music."
Me: "There's more than two people who write it."
Matthew: "No, it's the same two. There's Michael McLean and some (he said a name I didn't know)."
Me: "No, there's more."
Matthew: "Then name me another person."
Me: "Um, I can't."
Matthew: "See?"
3 comments:
Becky- Thanks so much for letting Matthew and Jonathan have a boys night playing games. Poor Jonathan is so stressed right now, and I know he really needed it. I can't even begin to imagine how busy and exhausting your life must be right now, but thanks for letting him come and help Jonathan to relax.
PS. I wish you guys lived next door. Then I could hold babies all day long and we could just talk and play and Mary and Samuel could entertain each other instead of needing to be entertained. That sounds so fun to me right now.
lots of love. hope to see you soon
I love it when husbands call it girls night and we still have the kids! I would have laughed hard too. I am so impressed with how you are handling having two babies!
my favorite is 4 - i totally agree with matthew. :)
Post a Comment