I do love them

December 7, 2010

I have wanted to write this for a while, but finding time hasn't been always there.  So, life is busy and demanding, but that doesn't mean it is depressing or sad.  Life is wonderful!  And there are so many challenges ongoing, but there are so many good things in my life too.  (For the next part, I was going to post pictures of the kids with the paragraph about them, but I keep having problems trying to do one picture at a time.  So just look below at the pictures when you read about them :)

For instance:


Mary - Mary is 3.  She is super smart, loves girl stuff, is mostly soft-spoken and sweet.  She is my strawberry blond and is a good sister to all her brothers.  She says a lot of funny, innocent, sweet things and it makes me smile.  This morning when I asked her what we should have for dinner tonight (it's daddy's birthday) she said:  "rice, potatoes, onions, and beans.  That's all."  I love my Mary.  I want to take her on a girl date soon so I can spend some girl time alone with her.  Also, because she's a middle child, she isn't quite as demanding as my three other kids.  I remember going to the mail box with Mary before the snow came and she yelled to me:  "Remember to step on all the leaves!"  Then she ran and jumped her way home, stepping on all the leaves.  I did the same and learned a little more how to have fun!  She's a good one.

Nathan - Nathan is something else.  He is good, sweet, innocent, kind, and persistent.  He tells me after we've had talks about bad behavior that now he is going to keep all the commandments.  But, he said after Christmas (and after Santa comes) he might make wrong choices again.  I love that kid.  He also is spiritually minded.  He asks questions about spiritual stuff a lot.  Nathan does kind things for others.  When his cousin Chris came over, they wanted to play in the snow.  I let them and Chris didn't have any gloves.  Nathan gave Chris his gloves and didn't have any for himself.  He knew what he was doing.  It was so sweet.  He helps me out a lot at home too.  He is five though and a normal boy.  He doesn't always like being told what to do.  He loves school and is doing well.  He is my little buddy and when I'm sad, Nathan always tries to make me happy.  He tells me he loves me sixty-hundred-sixty times.  He and Mary have been making weird numbers up about how much they love me for the past few days!

James - James loves to smile.  He is always looking for someone to look at him so he can smile and talk to them!  He was an early talker and still does a lot.  He is really alert and aware of things.  He turned over at two months and has been doing it quite frequently since then and isn't quite four months yet.  We'll see if he's an early crawler.  He held his neck up so good at two months too.  He was really alert when he was born, staying awake for a few hours after birth!  I think he was the most alert when he was born.  He is my buddy.  I feel like my twin boys are special boys.  They bring a good feeling with them.  We call James Jamie most of the time, but I can't quite pick one.  I might just use them both for who knows how long.  James might have blond hair, or hair like Mary's--strawberry blond.  Mary's is more red than blond actually.  We can't tell on him until it grows out more.  His eyes already look dark, so I think there's no question they will go brown.

John - John is a sweetheart.  When I stare at him, I feel like my heart melts. There is something special about him.  He also has flipped over at two months and has done it a few times since then, but not quite as much as James.  Both twins have flipped over earlier and more than my other two.  John likes things like gently blowing on his tummy, or making his arms move.  He will do a half smile or look amused.  James sometimes cries when I do those things to him!  John has big lips, a big head (that is the biggest difference between him and James is their head).  He has blond hair and might have blue eyes.  His eyes are still blue at the moment and I think they might stay that way.  John used to be our sleepy eater and it took forever to feed him!  James would be done and John would keep eating sometimes for twenty minutes after.  Now, however, he has caught up and looks a little bit chunkier than James.  He was bigger than James when he was born.

I do love my kids.  I do enjoy being a mom, even when there are hard moments!  It is a big sacrifice, but brings great rewards.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this....although I'm not so sure about Mary being soft-spoken! Maybe compared to Nathan. Cute pictures below, too.

Carolyn said...

What a great post! Your kids sounds awesome. You're a great mom!

Katie Parent said...

You have special kids.