December 2, 2010
This is a post responding to my sister Melissa asking me to go to the store with her last evening. I wanted to and I want to today, but I don't know if I can. This is why.
Morning
I woke up to Nathan and Mary running around. I got out of bed, got them breakfast, started some laundry. Babies woke up crying. I changed two poopy diapers, brought them down the stairs, fed them, changed James clothes cause there was poop on more than his diaper.
Then I tried to eat...ha. The babies were both crying and needed to be burped more and held. Nathan needed help with his homework and I had to find the scissors and help him with it. Then Nathan informed me Mary peed on the floor upstairs...again. I realized we were out of bottles, tried between crying to unload the dishwasher, went back to the babies, got them to somehow fall asleep. Then went and changed laundry and put in more laundry because Nathan had peed through his sheets (he hardly ever does that). Then I put some bottles in the dishwasher while John kept crying in his bouncer. Then Chris, my nephew, came over and he and Nathan wanted milk. They got the milk out and Chris poured it himself, spilling it over the counter, onto my purse, and onto the floor. I told him to clean it up.
Tears started to come out on their own, but I don't care. It's just a normal day. In about an hour I will get Nathan ready for school, while fixing lunch, trying to eat something myself, take him halfway to the busstop, and feed babies in between.
Then I will hold more babies this afternoon, while Mary will want me to play with her. I usually play a game with her if the babies take a nap--like Uno.
My TV is broken. It has been for a few days. My house stinks, literally, it's embarrassing. Yesterday, John peed through his clothes three or four times. James did once. I can't figure it out, but we think he needs bigger diapers. He peed onto the couch, but I didn't notice it until ten minutes later. Then James peed onto the floor when I changed him. James also spit up a few times on the floor yesterday too. I might as well throw dirt on the floor and spit on it myself for all it matters sometimes.
Then Matthew will come home around 5:30. I am usually trying to feed babies and figure something out for dinner at the same time and stop fights and loud noises and telling the kids to clean up their messes and telling them they can't have cheese slices all day--they like that processed cheese. And Nathan will beg to go outside and play in the snow, but I can't get them ready because I am too busy. Then I will try to remember to pay the bills in between and pay the rent...which reminds me it was due yesterday.
Then after Matthew gets home the babies are usually night-time fussy and Matthew wants to help them and also play with Nathan and Mary. So I usually help babies and we switch off eating dinner and then we haven't cleaned up the dishes and then I help babies while Matthew helps Mary and Nathan take baths and clean their rooms. Then someone helps them brush their teeth(mostly Mary) while the other one helps the babies. Now it's 8:30. Matthew looks exhausted. I am exhausted. We pull out something to watch while we wait to put the babies down anytime now. Then, like last night, I fall asleep before Matthew even brings up a drink of water for me like I ask him.
It's all in a days work. And it is fun...but I think I will put my kids in timeout for waking up the babies...like Nathan and Chris just did as I typed this. Oh well. They are cute and they are 5 :)
But....life is BEAUTIFUL and something I am very grateful for!! I wouldn't want to be doing anything else...except maybe getting a massage once a week?? Who's with me on that one!?
P.S. There is a post coming on why life is so great--just in case this post didn't make it sound like that!!
4 comments:
You are wonder woman!! Just so you know!! You are an amazing mom!!
I laughed about the massage! Wouldn't that be nice!! I was laughing because last year while Matt was in Hawaii, I signed up to donate blood. I sat back in the chair and relaxed while someone was watching my kids. I actually relaxed and told them to take their time. Funny what ya have to do to get a break some days!!
You seriously are awesome!! I don't know how you do all that you do, but I am sure that the Lord is helping you make it through all the sleeplessness!! YOU ROCK!!
Well, sorry that it didn't work out that well for you when Mary came here while Chris and Nathan played. If it makes you feel any better at all, Tyler kept me busy the WHOLE time trying to get into things. And we get to watch Chris, Tyler, and Sarah tonight again. Exciting. I'd come over to help you tonight, but I don't think Bill could handle all six kids by himself.
Wow I'm exhausted reading this. I wish we were closer so I could help you-you are such an awesome mom trying to just survive this moment!! Don't hesitate to call on your neighbors, visiting teachers, or anyone else close by!! Take advantage of anyone offering to help-no time to be embarrassed!! Thinking of you!!
What a day! You are amazing. I hope you know that I am thinking of you. Love you and if you ever want to vent I would love to hear it.
Post a Comment