July 4, 2011
In the last few weekends we've seen my parents, been to my family reunion, been to temple square, worked on genealogy with family, went to a baby blessing, and visited with Matthew's family.
Today we went to the Perry parade! It's the best parade because it's about half an hour long--just the right amount of time for little kids. Perry is only a few thousand people I'd guess so it's not overly crowded. We got a surprise when we saw Elder Perry go by in a float...and Senator Hatch. I was thinking we have an apostle and a senator in a Perry parade? I was too busy doing something to point out either one to the kids.
We went to Ogden for a little shopping trip (that is our big city shopping place) and then we made Cafe Rio style salads with grilled chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, limes, ranch, black beans, and tortillas toasted with cheese. I made dessert cups with pudding, crumbled graham crackers, and strawberries. We will wake up the kids to watch fireworks tonight while Matthew and I hopefully enjoy quiet time in between.
2 comments:
Sound like lot of fun! I love the Cafe Rio salads. I made those last week. They are the best! Hope the fireworks were fun!
Well I guess it makes sense for Elder Perry to be in the Perry parade... Hope you and Matthew had some time together that evening. It was good to see you last week!
Post a Comment