I found this today randomly

July 7, 2011

I don't know the date of when I wrote this, but it had to have been when I was pregnant last year with the twins. It made me smile.

What it was like being a mom today

I got my toes stepped on with the heel of a princess shoe. It hurt.

Nathan asked over and over for cottage cheese. I finally gave him some. Then he asked:

"Do cows eat cottage cheese?"

For the first time in five years that I can remember, my toenails are painted. They are pink. Mary loves them.

Mary came and helped me do dishes randomly. She's 3. She said: "After dishes you can play with me?" I couldn't say no to that. Mary loaded the silverware. I stayed true to the deal and went upstairs to play princess.

I played trains with Nathan, but since there were no trains for me, I was a "police airplane" and put bad guys in jail. He loved that.

My 4-year old knows how to push my buttons. And he successfully accomplished that goal a few times today. I try to not react and sometimes am good at it, but it got to me a little today.

My 4-year old also snuggled with me and told me he felt bad for being mean. It was one of those "worth it" moments when you feel like he might get it.

Mary stole the peanut butter...again.

I feel huge, my pants are starting to not fit (and they are maternity pants...my stomach is getting big) and I lay around on the couch a lot.

I tickled the kids and really enjoyed them.

I didn't put makeup on today, but I got dressed and showered.

I went to the dentist and had my tooth drilled on to smooth it out. Mary threw a tantrum in the office because she didn't get to read all the books there before we had to go. (we were only there two minutes, that's why). She tried to throw the books off the table before she finally ran out of the room in a rage. It's exciting having a 3-year old!

I complained to Matthew about my day while he helped with the kids. I was tired, exhausted emotionally from a certain kid, and feeling pregnant. And I probably looked not as attractive as sometimes. But somehow, SOMEHOW he said: "What can I do to make you feel better?" and he meant it. I realized again how wonderful he is and it made me not want to complain even when I am very tired and just relax about all the little things! But I am glad that SOMETIMES I can and he actually still thinks I'm cute.

I wrote this to try and relieve stress and find meaning in what I did today. Did I? Yes.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Mary helping with the dishes is my favorite part. I like this "day in the life" type post. I think I'll try it some time. :)

Ryan and Heather said...

I love reading your blog!