Happy 6th birthday Nathan!


(I wrote this post a few weeks ago when he was sitting on the couch sick with 102 degree fever, and as I saw how sick he was my heart filled with love for him.)

Yesterday he made me a heart he colored and cut out. It had the words "I love mom" in black and there was a sea of yellow background drawn in his five-year old hand.

Nathan was my little buddy when he was born. Before we had anyone else and we lived in Denver, we'd go to stores together, take walks, and just hang out at home. It was just us. I treasure those memories even though he won't ever remember them.

Some special things about him:

He is very creative. He makes incredible lego cars, buildings, and animals that he invents. He really invents better stuff than I would and he's 5.

He draws very well and loves to spend a lot of his time drawing all sorts of things. He is a very creative artist and I love to see his pictures.

Nathan is smart, funny, and just fun to have. We all love him so much.

He is a kid that I think I needed to teach me things. He is a wonderful kid and very helpful and has allowed me to really think about how to teach Nathan, not just a kid, but Nathan specifically. I am so not perfect, but hopefully we are both learning along the way :)

Love you Nay-Nay bug. (But I won't say that in front of your friends.) We are so glad you are a part of our family!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Happy Birthday!!!! He is so great!

Matt and Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! He is such a cutie! I always loved his hair when we were in the good ol 5th ward! He is such a cutie and sounds like a great big brother!