January 4, 2012
I have posted for...almost 4 days in a row. Wow.
Since it is January, I have thought a bit about goals. My goals this year are more simple, more enjoyable, and I feel they are much more manageable. I still felt that having a goal in every area of my life was a good idea when I was listening to goal-setting talks at church. Who else did or did not have those? :) I love those talks because they are good.
1. Spiritual
Maintain scripture reading and prayer
Make scriptures/quotes and display them. I might even make a special board for them. It depends. Some speaker at conference mentioned something about this and I felt good about it, or at least wanted to do that myself whether it was a prompting or not. I don't know. But that is my goal.
2. Physical
Try to exercise when can. Remember to eat healthy. No big stress. Just try to do all the things I already know. This is a busy year with the baby coming that I am going to do the small things that make me feel good, no big things. It sounds good.
3. Social
Try to have people over once in a while (like once a week, play friends for Mary too) even though it's crazy, you're tired, and sometimes the house looks like a wreck. Friends are nice.
4. Mental
Read lots of good books. Work on anything you desire that may come up.
5. Creativity/Fun (I made this one up)
Keep writing....but no big stress goals, the amount of pages or whatever I want is up to me, manageable, and fun.
These are my goals. Simple and wonderful. I know that I made some good goals because I feel energized by them, not overwhelmed, and I still think there will be good that comes from them. Taking care of 4 young children with one on the way makes me do my goals different--small and simple.
I do have goals that I have subconsciously thought of that I didn't realize like
teaching Nathan piano (which we just started)
try to make more new things in our menu (which we have been doing)
budget goals with Matthew
job charts and teaching them about saving money
working on organizing the house and keeping it clean
and more
These goals are more ongoing goals, while the top ones are ones I want to focus on, simple ones.
I would love to hear about your goals if you want to share. I know sometimes goals are personal too.
Have a great week and good luck with your goals!
2 comments:
Lovely goals. Most of these I need to do in my life as well. Thanks for sharing!
this year i haven't been big on making goals. but i read a blog by a friend that talked about quality time vs. quantity time. Since reading her blog, I want to make my time quality time. what ever i'm doing I want to give my full attention to (or most anyways). I hope that from doing this I will enjoy my time with michael more (and actually play with him), and answer in a more patient, kinder voice (Christopher has started having a nasty/mean tone & I think its because of me :(.
Post a Comment