Imagination and roles I wanted to play

This might be a strange post to you, but I thought of this tonight as I watched a movie with our family.  So many movies and stories I imagined or dreamed I was playing that part.  I thought I would write a few of the things, mostly to remember them.

I dreamed I was like Natty Gan (the movie we watched tonight) and running through the forest with a wolf that was my friend and not trying to eat me.

I dreamed I was like Jim in the Man From Snowy River and jumping off a cliff with my horse and feeling the wind as we raced down the mountain.  We were brave.  And I did not hit any branches and get knocked off the horse.

I dreamed I was like Pocahontas and jumping off the cliff into the water--diving--long and beautiful.  Don't try to reenact that when you are about 12 on a trampoline.  The trampoline comes much faster to your head that you might have previously anticipated.

I dreamed I was like whatever that guy's name is in Chariots of Fire when they are running on the beach.  I am fast.  I am unstoppable.  I might wear a bit longer shorts than those guys had on, but I would keep up with them.  And I wouldn't run on Sundays either...

I dreamed I was Anne of Green Gables, creative and imaginative, living adventures, smart, and going off on life adventures. 

I dreamed I was like the kid in Searching for Bobby Fisher who was awesome at chess.  It was inspiring when I was younger.

I loved the Mighty Ducks, Free Willy, and shows where they did awesome things and overcame odds.

I realize know that I want to write and live my own dreams.  For I have a lot floating in my head.  I am so blessed.  I am so blessed to be able to have the time to do some of the things I want to, even if it comes in small pieces, small moments between watching children and cleaning.  But, I couldn't have a better dream than my family, or a better adventure.

No comments: