Things I shouldn't laugh at

Yesterday Nathan asked if boogers are food. No, we said. Are they food for your nose? he asked. Matthew and I both started laughing so hard, we tried to not hurt his feelings though.

Once Nathan came screaming down the stairs and showed us a big bite mark on his back. It was already purple with teeth marks in it. Who did that? we asked. Mary, he said. Mary does not usually bite. She came down the stairs. Why did you bite Nathan? we asked. I was pretending he was a fish, she said. (she was serious) We laughed so hard, that I had to leave the room to calm myself down.

Nathan was in time-out. He screams, yells, and tells us he can't go to timeout cause he's a superhero. He also told me he was going to take me to D.I. and get a new mommy. I played along later and told him to get his shoes on so I could go to D.I. and he could get a new mommy. He looked concerned and said he wanted to keep me forever and he wasn't taking me to D.I.!

Mary told me she couldn't go to timeout because she was a princess. Princesses did NOT go to timeout!

3 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

I think it is even funnier that you called Nathan out and were going to take him to D I! Glad he wants to keep ya forever! Smart boy, he couldn't find a better mom anywhere!! Hope you are feeling well and that those twins of yours are cooperating!

rachwheel said...

Hilarious! I love the stories you and Melissa post. I can never remember well enough when I get a chance to write it down, all the details that made it so funny! Your kids are adorable.
How are you feeling? I hope you're surviving...you have a good attitude in the meantime.
Love ya,
Rachael

Katie Parent said...

HAHAHA. I can't stand it.