The first month

September 21, 2010

The first month has gone by with the twins!  I'd thought I'd give a brief update on how it's been.  (In case anyone is wondering, I know that most people don't wonder, but if there's any, here it goes :)

I am tired.  Matthew is tired.  Mary and Nathan are doing great!  In fact, the babies don't wake up the kids at all!

I believe the babies are starting to sleep better.  They've had nights where at least one of them is up and has a stomach ache, etc.  This last Saturday night I got less than two hours of sleep.  It's getting better, but they still wake up a lot.  There are moments when they are both sleeping though, usually.

I am feeling really good.  When I first came home, I was so dizzy that I couldn't walk up the stairs without blacking out.  For real.  It scared me--how was I going to take care of my kids???  But I had help, so I tried not to stress about it.  The blacking out continued for a few weeks, but I got better faster than I thought.  I had my mother and Matthew's mother here for about four weeks after the babies were born with breaks on weekends and that helped me while I was still recovering.

The babies are great.  They are so cute and adorable and don't fuss a lot, but do like to be held and have their moments, like all babies.

Mary and Nathan love them.  They have been such good helpers for me and it's actually quite helpful to me because Mary and Nathan get me stuff, put binkies in the babies mouths, and Nathan has helped me feed once or twice.  I get a little nervous, but when there's no one else, I make sure it's going to work and I still have to help him.  (He's five).  He likes James a lot and kisses him a whole bunch while he's feeding him.  I have to tell him to back off.  Nathan has only helped me feed twice and he usually only helps until I can get things under control and then I can take over for him.  I had Mary try to help with a bottle once, but after that experience, I have never done it again!!  She is a great help though.

We have a lot more dishes, a lot more laundry, and we are more busy than we were.  However, we've been blessed tremendously and it all goes to the Lord.  I couldn't do any of it without Him.  I absolutely know that.  And I am so grateful and humbled.

I am now on my own and was a little nervous the first time!!  It's gone better than I thought and I hope and pray it continues to go well.  We just trust in the Lord and try our best.

We have been truly blessed.  Thank you all for your help, prayers, thoughts, and friendship.  We appreciate our friends and offers of help! 

Now if I can just get the kids to stop peeing through their clothes...(which they are better now than before at least!)
Bye.

1 comment:

Matt and Jessie said...

I am glad that things are starting to settle down. Hopefully they start sleeping better for you!! They are sure cute little guys!!