Sunday moment

October 9, 2011

I was in Sunday School in my new ward. This is only my third time going. Matthew took the twins home because John's eye was red and a little swollen and he said he could take James too, so I said that would be fine.

I had a little cough so I had to leave Sunday School. And then, I started to walk back in and stopped. I didn't want to go.

I feel so out of place here sometimes. I wonder what I am doing here. (talking of the move) And then, as I stood there, I could hear the primary music coming through the door of the next room. It was sung by the primary kids loudly

"My life is a gift, my life has a plan
my life has a purpose, in heaven it began."

And then I felt the Spirit testify to me that it was true for me. (and all of us)

I am grateful. It doesn't take away all the hard things sometimes, but it at least helps me keep going, keeps me moving along the path.

And the same is true for all of us. We do have a plan! Our life does have a purpose. Even when we can't see it. Even when it's hard. Even when we are not sure when or how things will work out.

But the gospel is STILL true. And we ARE beloved sons and daughters of God. He knows us by name, he knows all our circumstances. I believe that.

3 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

You are the best and I just love your attitude about everything! You always look for the good and look for the Lords hand in your life! That always helps in the tough times. It is always so hard to move and get settled in. I hope the transition goes well and know that I love ya lots!

Marianne said...

I feel that way too sometimes and I've been in my ward for 6 years! But I love the thought you shared. It IS true! And I hope you all will feel more such comfort from the Spirit. On a side note-I love the new look of your blog!

faith said...

What a sweet moment. Thanks for sharing that.