Me: What is the rule about using the scissors?
Mary: Don’t cut your hair!
(I was going for clean up your messes after.)
Nathan: Should I turn into a dragon? I think I am starting to.
Me: If you want to, you can.
Nathan: Mom, when I am a dragon I might be mean to you. Dragons
don’t know what they’re doing. (not sure what this is supposed to
mean…)
Me: Is this movie too scary? (How to train a dragon)
Nathan: No. It’s not. It’s scary, but 200 dinosaurs are scarier.
Me: What are the names of your dragons? (they all had a pretend one) Mine is fire dragon.
Nathan: Mine is Toothless (like in the movie, but a different toothless).
Mary: My dragon is named Strawberry Shortcake. He likes to eat strawberries and he’s red.
After we went to the zoo in Idaho (2011- July, right before parents move)
Nathan: Mary, did you hear the tiger growl?
Mary: Uh-huh.
Nathan: Do you know what he was saying? He was saying he likes to
eat little girls for a snack. (Mary did not seem bothered by this
really at all…)
Matthew: And when we go camping we might go hiking..
Nathan: We’re going to shoot animals? (something to that effect)
Matthew: No, that’s hunting. Hiking is when you climb the mountains or around them.
Nathan: Oh, I thought hiking is when you go shoot animals.
Matthew: (coming out of the laundry room) Becky, are you supposed to dry this shirt normally?
Me: No. It’s one of my most comfortable Sunday shirts.
Matthew: Well now it will be super comfortable. (he did the laundry and my shirt shrunk, but he said sorry…)
Nathan: (after we were cuddling) Mom, if we ever gave you to D.I., I would go there and buy you back.
Nathan: (6 yrs) What if you saw someone hitting a cow with an ax?
Me: That would not be very nice.
Nathan: What if he meant it nice?
Me: You can’t mean it nice.
After a morning of getting Nathan ready for school, getting everyone breakfast, changing babies and giving them bottles.
Mary: (4) Mom, it would be hard to have five children. (something
like that—I am just impressed she said “children” instead of kids. We
only had four kids at the moment, with one coming.)
In the car—trying to get someone to listen.
I can’t remember the exact way we came to this conversation.
Me: It’s because I’m the Mom.
Nathan: I KNOW you’re the mom! You don’t need to say that. I know it! Don’t ever tell me that again!
(at the baby doctor after the ultrasound)
Mary (4): Maybe it will be twin baby girls!
Me: Well, the doctor said it was only one baby.
Mary: Oh, well maybe it’s a girl.
(in the car going from the doctor)
Matthew and I: Mary, we don’t decide what the baby will be. We don’t know yet what it is. Heavenly Father decides.
Mary: Well, Heavenly Father could decide it to be a girl?
Matthew: Yes. Or it could be a boy.
Mary: Well, if it’s a boy I will be sad and I will not want to play with it.
Mary: (to me) I just keep loving you and pink!
Nathan showed me a book he was making. "This page is John.
This page is Jacob. This page is Jingle-Heimer Schmidt (don't know how
to spell totally...)."
Matthew showed the kids a
hockey game. He asked them if they knew what it was. "Oh yes," Nathan
said. "This is called an ice skating game with a golf ball."
Mary
wanted to go play on the outside toys. Matthew told her not today
because we wanted to keep the sabbath day holy. Mary: Going outside is
holy!
5 comments:
Love it! Good job keeping record.
Love it! Good job keeping record.
Love the quotes! I'm glad you're writing them down! ~SarahLynn
Ha! Those are so cute. I love the one about buying you back from DI.
I get the feeling that Mary wants a sister...
I would buy you back from DI too. I would buy you back from Goodwill too. That is what we have here.
Post a Comment