Twins

Cars
Me:  Hi Jamie!  Where is Johnny?
James is holding a handful of cars and mumbles, that I can barely make out.  "Johnny didn't want cars."  (thinking he's saying Johnny doesn't want to play cars.)
A moment later James is on the couch and Eli tries to take Jamie's cars.  Jamie screams, grabs his cars away from Eli, tries to get Eli away, and then gets to the corner of the couch holding his cars protectively.  He then says:  "Eli doesn't want cars."

 This made me rethink about what happened downstairs with Johnny...

1000 Piece Puzzle
I tried to do a 1000 piece puzzle that I got for Christmas last week.  I already knew it was a bad idea, but after moving the puzzle to a few different places in the house, redoing hours work about three times, having Matthew dig out pieces from the vent, putting the twins in time out, I realized what I already knew--trying to do a puzzle with two two year olds (even one two year old I believe) is not a good idea.  The good news is the last time I had fixed the puzzle from a ruin, I was almost done!  I counted that as good and just put it away.

Sunday Shoe Stealing
This last Sunday the twins were dressed and ready to go, except John only had one black Sunday shoe on.  James had his pair on, but we could not find John's other shoe.  John was quite dismayed and was talking about it in his own way.  He then noticed that James did indeed have two black shoes on and the idea quickly popped into his mind, all he needed to do was take one of the shoes off of James and use it for himself!  This obviously was not a good idea, but John proceeded to follow James around trying to steal his shoe off.  He succeeded once, with James crying, and tried a few other times, before we finally gave up trying to find his shoe and he wore his tennis shoes.  He was okay with that.  He had two shoes!   (We try to round those shoes up, but sometimes with the twins or whatever else, they disappear...)