Today's sayings

March 11, 2013

This morning I asked the kids since they didn't have school.  "What do you want to do today?"
Nathan said:  I want to use your money to buy a ladder so we can climb to the roof and play up there.
I said:  "Uh, that would not be my first choice."
Mary said:  That would NEVER be my choice.
Nathan:  That would ALWAYS be my choice.

Nathan said to me:  Mom, you're a spit-o (which I don't know what that means.)
Then Mary said something I couldn't quite understand.
I said:  You think I'm nutso?
Mary:  No, you're a nice-o!
Nathan:  I think you're a nutso.

After lunch I heard the kids whispering.
Me:  What are you whispering about?
Mary convinced Nathan to tell me.
Nathan:  We are going to spy on you later.
Me:  Oh, then you'll find out that I'm a secret agent.
Nathan:  You are not one bit secret agent.

(these things by Nathan were all said in his silly way, nothing more I believe.)

And at lunch I was having a little fight with Johnny about washing him off and I said:  "Johnny, I am going to put you in bed if....something."
James was eating and said:  "Bed?  I'm all done."
He wanted to get down.  And after they were down from the counter and I was changing diapers James reminded me about bed time.
I don't think he's sick.  I don't know why he wanted to go to bed.  That is pretty strange and rare.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That would always be my choice as well.:) What else would you ever want to spend your money and time on. That is really cute.