Mary: "I want a funny nose."
Nathan: "Who unto the Savior?" (He asked after we sang "How Firm A Foundation")
Nathan: "Mommy, do people die inside or outside?"
"Um...they can die either place."
"Well, I think they should die inside. That'd be good."
Me: "Nathan, am I a weird mom or a cool mom?" (curious)
"A weird one."
"Why?"
"You're just wacky."
Mary: (reading a book and the pig's behind is showing in the picture)
"Mommy! That is the pig's bottom. We don't look at bottoms."
"That's right Mary."
(turned around and is showing me her diaper.)"Here's my bottom, mommy." (this does not really depict her personality)
Me: "Nathan, can you please go throw this paper in the trash for me."
"Well, I'm too tired to do that. But...I'm not too tired to watch a movie."
Nathan: (I'm asleep in bed on my birthday. It's the morning.)
(whispering) "Mom, do you see your present?" (my present is wrapped on the dresser)
"Yes, honey. Please don't tell me what it is."
(still whispering) "Do you want to go look at it?"
"When daddy comes home. Don't tell me what it is."
"It's jammies." (Nathan smiles and shakes his head happily.)
"Oh, good."
"Mommy, do you want to go look at your jammies?"
"Not right now."
Nathan to Mary: "Your real name is not Marmie. We just call you that. It's just a nickname. It's like when you call me Nay-Nay or when we call Aunt Melissa Mels. So, it's just a nickname."
In the morning when I'm sleeping, I can hear the kids on the stairs.
Nathan: Mary, let's slide down the stairs.
Mary: Daddy said not to.
Nathan: Daddy's at work.
My kids make me laugh. Other people's kids make me laugh. Kids are just funny.
5 comments:
I like those kind of stories. They make me happy.
I love the conversations I have with my boys. I also love the ones I over hear when they don't know I am listening.
I love that Nathan told you what your b-day gift was! They just CANNOT hold it in! I had to laugh that he was happy once he told you.
Becky-- those just made my day,
Welcome to the blog world, as I see you are a bit new. . .only starting in October? is that right??
Love it! I am so gald to be able to keep tabs on you! NOW, listen if you have any bloggin' questions I am pretty much a guru at it....
I would LOVE to help you if you want to do or change something with your blog. (I am not saying you NEED to, just if you WANT to. I can help!)
xoxox
Gina
You could probably make a lot of money selling a book full of those. Kind of reminds me of 'Kids Say the Darndest things'... I'd buy it :)
Post a Comment