I'm thankful for my family

I am grateful for my family. I've said it before, but I feel special, not because of me, but because I am surrounded by COOL PEOPLE.

We moved a lot growing up, and my siblings became my best friends. They still are.

Just a bragging part about my fam...just a little bit.

Laura--she's really fun to have in the family. She's very bright and smart, and is exceptionally good at organizing and decorating. Many people ask her advice on how to keep their house clean and how to decorate. She had an art scholarship to BYU, but graduated in American Studies. She is passionate about America, the gospel, and cares deeply about principles in raising her family. She keeps our family organized and helps us have plans when we get together as a family.

Melissa--Melissa is really smart too (she married a rocket scientist) and is very good at many things, like writing, reading, thinking, finances, etc. Melissa is very funny too. But the thing I think I like most about Melissa is how generous she is. I would have to say she is one of the most generous people I know. She is also very nonjudgmental and I always feel safe that she isn't gossipping or discussing me unfairly behind my back.

Matt--Matt is awesome. I grew up with him and spent hours on the tramp learning back flips, playing frisbee or basketball, laughing, or discussing music. Matt has worked hard on his talents and didn't waste his time growing up. He played for the top jazz band at BYU (Synthesis), he plays piano, he has written a few jazz pieces and published some church music. It's called "In the Quiet Hours", a choral piece, by Jay Matthew Butler. I think it's pretty good.

Heather--my sweet little sister. We are really good friends and she is always there if I need to talk. I always thought I was there for her to talk, but she has listened and helped me a lot the last few years! She is so loving, so good, and so strong. And she is multi-talented too. She played on the state champion's basketball team, was valedictorian, and graduated in the top of her class at BYU. We love her.

My parents are very good people. I have awesome sister and brother-in-laws, as well as Matthew's parents!

I LOVE my family!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Becky is wonderful, too! She is always obedient in the gospel, and funny and talented at writing. Becky has a good heart and some of the CUTEST kids ever! Thanks for your generous comments, Beck! Love, Laura

cardwellclan said...

Laura, this post is about YOU! Because I love you. But thanks!

Bean said...

Hey Becky! I hope that you are doing great! I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!!! By the way, what is your address so that I can send you a Christmas card?!