In an attempt to redeem myself from sounding like I was complaining in my last post, I am not going over my day's events. I actually am quite used to all the commotion and only like to blab. So I apologize if I sounded complainy, it was not meant. But....I was thinking the other day what foods I would take to an island if I had a choice. Like if you could only choose ten food choices total, what would they be? I don't know why I thought of this, but I wanted to explore this thought. So here are my choices. I am writing them out as I think of them.
(Water is a given--but that is the only given)
1. Black Bean mixture
I make this with olive oil, onions, garlic, black beans, herbs, rice, and cheese.
2. Smarties
3. Yogurt
4. Almonds
5. Hamburgers
6. Chocolate Cake
7. Lasagna
8. Cheerios (included is honey-nut cheerios)
9. Green beans, peas, celery, squash, and salad (so that's 5....)
10.Cinnamon Rolls
I'm not sure I am satisfied with my list, but on a desert island, you wouldn't get a second chance to choose. So I can't change it.
If you are bored, you are welcome to make your own list and I would read it. Hopefully you would have a more interesting list than I just made.
7 comments:
This is very interesting Becky. I want your black bean recipe! I'm glad that you also could not live without chocolate cake.:) I'm not sure if I'm completely satisfied with my list either, but here it is:
1 Cracklin' Oat Bran
2. Milk for the cereal
3. Avocado egg rolls
4. Mounds candy bars
5. Salt & pepper pistachios
6. Strawberries
7. Chicken lettuce wraps
8. Spaghetti & meatballs
9. Chocolate cake
10. corn on the cob
Dark chocolate
Chocolate ice cream
Chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate brownies
Goat cheese
Oatmeal
I think that would about do it.
Matthew sez:
Is this a tropical island? Do I have to do the dishes or do they disappear, too?
1. Coconuts (if they have no Coconut trees)
2. Bananas (see above)
3. Mangoes (OK, you see the theme)
4. Chicken Curry on Rice (yellow curry, with potatoes)
5. Asparagus
6. Life Cereal and Milk
7. Raspberry Lemonade
8. Thai Peanut chicken (with water chestnuts)
9. Philly Cheesesteak sandwich
10. Magnum Ice-cream bars
I might not get enough vegetables... or just eat a lot of Asparagus.
Is this food self-replenishing?
1. Potatoes, plus butter and salt
2. Cheeses, colby jack and havarti
3. Sliced turkey
4. Really good bread/rolls
5. Salad, with lettuce and tomatoes and carrots and ranch
6. Enchiladas (really smothered burritos since I can't have corn tortillas)
7. Grapefruit
8. Cinnamon rolls
9. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
10. RED chicken curry on rice... I don't want Matthew to think I'm copying him...
hmmm....
1.ice cream
2.strawberries
3.pineapple
4.grapefruit
5.asparagus
6.bacon
7.minty chocolates
8.caramely chocolates
9.peanut buttery chocolates
10. wait, this is my last one? I change my mind 7-9 are all on the same # as a mixture of those chocolates.
8. soft cheeses-feta, brie, goats cheese
9 bread-in all varieties (so I can make french bread pizzas, or have doughnuts (thats a bread-right!!)
10.a variety of sauces to suit my current mood.
I think that about sums it up.
You guys had interesting lists. It was fun to read! Thanks for playing my odd game!! You guys are awesome. Matthew had fun reading the lists too.
Thanks for the black bean recipe Becky! It sounds yummy. I think half my family will eat it...and those are really good odds for my rotten picky eaters.
Post a Comment