Something from last conference that has really come to my mind now and then was from Elder Eyring.  I am not quoting exacting here, but he was talking about the Good Samaritan.  He talked about how people passed by and then the Samaritan stopped.  He then said something like "the point was that he stopped."  (I really should go look up this quote, maybe I will soon.)  But as he talked about this and more, he talked about how we see others and think someone else is helping them, someone else is taking care of it, but we are often the people who can help, or something along those lines.  But when he said this, I felt that why the Good Samaritan was so awesome was because it had to do with him--that man was the kind of person that when he saw someone in need, he stopped. 

And that is what has stuck with me--that me stopping to help people whenever I can when they are in need, has more to do with me, than with if there are others around to help them.  Am I like Christ and can serve others?  I know there are times when circumstances in our own lives make it necessary to spend more time with our family, etc., but the point for me is helping when I can and not waiting for someone else.  I have actually thought this before, but hearing this at conference again impacted me about the story and the significance of the Good Samaritan stopping.

No comments: