Twins-we-go!!

I just thought I'd let the readers know I went to the doctor for the first time today and found out...well, found out something I wasn't expecting. Here was my experience.

Matthew drove me to the doctor cause I like him to come, but also because I get sick if I move much during this pregnancy. Anyway, we went in, we had a vaginal ultrasound and the doctor showed me the head. Then suddenly, she said: "I'm going to do it on your abdomen so you can see it better."

Then she did the thing on my belly and finally she stopped and asked me, motioning to the screen: "Do you notice anything on there?"

I looked at the screen. I saw the baby and what looked to be its reflection. I stared at it for a few seconds in silence and then said: "Are there two in there?"

She said: "Yes."

I was about to throw up.

Actually, I was really emotional. I felt like crying right there on the table. I have felt more emotional in this pregnancy, more excited (not loving this kid more, or apparently kids), but just very excited to have a baby this time. The other times I was kind of in a trance, not knowing what to expect, etc. Also, I was experiencing more health problems the other pregnancies as well and that made it harder to be able to just think and feel about things. You know what I'm saying.

So I almost cried. I didn't though because I felt embarrassed to cry there. I was in complete shock. So was Matthew. We both didn't know what to say.

Then she showed us the babies. Both babies look great so far, are measuring right for 13 weeks, and she could tell the sex on one--a boy. The babies are fraternal twins, a sack separates them. The other baby she thinks is another boy, but she is not sure. We will have to check the next few times to see if we can tell what the other one is.

Also, I need to express my gratitude to the Lord--not just for the babies--but for the help with this pregnancy. I have felt Him lift the burden of this pregnancy in ways I didn't expect. I have still experienced sickness, but I have had my mother come down for two weeks, Matthew's mom for a week, and a few people have brought us meals. My sisters have helped me as well and I have felt that it is a way that Heavenly Father has showed me that He is there for me and lifting my burden. I have felt in part that He is doing so because I am doing what He wanted me to do. I know that He keeps his side of the bargain. He always has even in hard things and I know He always will.

We are both very excited, but very shocked. I did not expect this at all!!

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh my goodness! Twins!! That is so crazy and fun! You'll do great. Congratulations!!

Blovelies said...

hahahaha... you are in for an adventure! I love you!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Your kids are so cute, I am sure the twins will be darling.

Karlie said...

Well Becky, you shouldn't feel embarrassed, cuz I did cry when we found out. Bawled my eyes out for a minute or two right there in the office!! Mostly out of relief since I was sure something was wrong with the pregnancy before I even saw the doctor. Paul just stood there with a dumbfounded look on his face and his jaw hanging open! :0

Christy said...

That is so awesome!! I am really happy for you guys, but if it was me I would definitely be just a little scared. I was totally kidding when I said you were sicker this time because it was twins. Next time I shouldn't joke around like that. That is amazing that she was able to tell that one was a boy. That is so great. Here comes the minivan for sure. I am really excited cause those babies are so lucky to have you for a Mom. You are awesome.

faith said...

Wow, Becky! How exciting. And scary. And so many things that I can't understand you're feeling. I'm glad things have been going well - even with you being sick. I hope they only continue to go upwards. Congratulations!

Katie Parent said...

wow wow wow. Congratulations! (and good luck!)

Jessica Farmer said...

Holy Shmokes Becky! That is so exciting! You are going to do awesome with twins! Good luck and I am glad that you have so many people around you to help you through this!

Matt and Jessie said...

I am just so excited for you guys! I am sure it will be great! I am sure you were shocked! I can't believe you didn't cry. I would have bawled! Not that it wouldn't be happy news, but it is certainly unexpected and overwhelming!! I am glad that you are getting so much help. I am so happy that you are able to be closer to your family to help you with everything!

Andrea said...

How fun! Kyle's step-sister just had twins and it is so much fun!

Callister said...

OH my GOSH! I'm in shock and so excited at the same time! You'll be in my prayers awesome lady! Nicole

Larsen said...

I am in shock too. Did you take any kind of drugs to get them? Just sent to, did He?? Well, the Lord does know. You will do great!

And you crack me up...I dont' get more coupons comments than your preggy post! Too funny!