Crazy week

Writing this down I think is good for me and so I am doing it, despite if anyone else cares or reads this.  If you want to read it, go right ahead! 

Day 1
 
Really, it's not crazy.  It's just life.  But the roller coasters can go up and down!

It started off with Mary reading me scriptures while I was sitting on the couch.  She opened the scriptures and started.  "Once upon a sin..."

I decided at least we were getting some kind of principle into her, maybe.  Then Nathan had his own rendition of storytelling.  He told me:

"And Samuel, and Lehi, and Captain Hook went up into the clouds with the gold plates, and then the Liahona was there and then it went onto a boat."

It was an interesting version of scriptures and fairy tales.

Day 2

Nathan is being an angel.  I am unloading dishes and my little 4-year old boy comes up and starts handing me dishes to put away without being asked.  He smiles sweetly and then someone calls on the phone, so he puts away the silverware by himself.

A minute later I see the library books on the floor, again.  I think sometimes we think they are carpet.  I tell Nathan, or WHOEVER is listening that I wished we knew how to take care of library books better.
Nathan picks them up off the floor without another word.  I stop talking, startled that he cared what I was saying.  I thank him.  He smiles.

Mary is a little 3-year that night, and Nathan proudly reminds us and her that he is being good, while she isn't listening.

Day 3

Mary has stolen my Gatorade.  Hmph.

I drink powdered Gatorade because it's the only drink I can really have.  It helps me when I need to digest other foods, and it can help me if I need a lift in my blood sugar.  I keep some upstairs.  She takes the big can and dips her fingers in, licks them, and does it again.  I find my Gatorade with clumps of wet sugary balls on the inside and Gatorade sprinkled on the carpet.

Nathan again reminds me how good he's been.


Day 4


Downstairs in the morning I hear a loud crash and a cry.

I run upstairs and find Mary covered with five big drawers full of clothes and the large dresser on top of her.  It was a scary site.  I can see her little eyes staring at me, but that is all.  I take all the drawers off and the dresser and hold her while she cries.  I check her.  She doesn't have one scratch.  It scared her to death and she says her head hurts a little bit, but she's okay.  The dresser is actually really safe normally, but after talking to her I found out she pulled out the bottom drawer a little, then the next, and the next to climb up to the top to get something.  We had a talk about that!  It's not going to happen again!  Nathan was in his bed watching this and had tears, but he didn't move.  After I had helped Mary calm down, I could hear him going up to Mary with a wobbly voice.  "Mary, that's not okay you got hurt!  You are the best sister ever!"  Mary was playing puzzles and seemed to not care that her brother was expressing his innermost love.

Day 5

Nathan threw a tantrum for about an hour before we went to the dentist. We were all stressed driving there and trying to calm down.  Nathan didn't have a single cavity and I had one even though I brush my teeth three times a day.  It figures.

Day 6

I am trying to understand why it is fun to clean dishes and do laundry and make your kids clean up everyday, while at the same time dealing with constant whining when you are trying to teach them things.  It'd be a lot easier to let them watch movies all day, give them numberless treats, and not discipline them so they'd be quiet!

I look in the mirror and think this.

Then I remember it's like a puppy.  Every puppy has a cute face and a back end that stinks.  I suddenly remember all the cute things my kids do and the laughs I get and decide that if I focus on the positive it's going to work out...somehow.  I remind myself that I can do this, I can get through this, and this too shall pass, and probably too quickly.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fun week.

Matt and Jessie said...

Gotta love Nathan! What a cutie!

Glad Mary was okay! That is scary! It must be in the air. Ike tried to pull himself up using the tv. Luckily I was close because he was holding up the full weight of the tipping tv with his hands, with a look of panic. They get into trouble so fast!!

It is true that it will probably pass by too fast! It already seems like it has in some ways!

Callister said...

That was such a fun read! Scary that the dresser toppled on Mary, glad everything's okay. You have such cute funny kids! And I loved the analogy of the puppy. I'm definitely going to use it. Hey! We're back in Perry!

Karen said...

I got a kick out of your kids reading their scriptures to you. It made me smile a lot!

Thanks for sharing your blog. You have really been through some STUFF! Glad to see its getting better for you.

cardwell living said...

Way to go girl, you are the bravest and one of the best. Looking forward to seeing the kids and also those twin boys when they come. You are so very brave and cool.. Take care and forward your blog to Robert and Kathy, they want to see and read it too. Love ya Mom and Dad

cardwell living said...

Way to go girl, you are the bravest and one of the best. Looking forward to seeing the kids and also those twin boys when they come. You are so very brave and cool.. Take care and forward your blog to Robert and Kathy, they want to see and read it too. Love ya Mom and Dad