September 6, 2011
Thank you to the lady at Enrichment tonight who asked me if she could help me pack. She caught me in the hall as I was leaving, grabbed my shoulder and said she knew I probably didn't need help right now, but if I did to please let her know. And she told me she meant it. I could feel it. I could feel her love.
And I felt so choked up that I almost cried in front of her for her sweet offer.
I thought I was doing okay. I wasn't feeling that overwhelmed. I was taking it one day at a time.
I didn't realize how much that meant to me. And she doesn't know me that well. Her grandson just died about a month ago from a brain tumor. He was nine.
She didn't know that we are trying to get our house ready to put up for sale. That my mother and father are in Tennessee and can't help. That I take care of my 12 month twin boys and my two other kids. That my sister nearby is on bed rest. That we are trying to find a place to live. I didn't know that I cared that someone showed me that they loved me. But I did.
I for some strange reason can't help feeling so touched by this small, simple offer to help--but maybe just because it was out of love. It meant a lot.
So thank you.
3 comments:
bless that dear woman. i wish we were closer - and I'd be there with bells on. must talk soon because there's one way i know i can help . . .
I don't like unexpected tears, and they keep popping out of my eyes, so thanks a lot.
Love you Becky and your little Cardwell Clan! Hugs!
Post a Comment